Code of Conduct
Statement of Principle
The Twisted Windows producers are committed to providing a fun, creative, and sexy environment that is free from harassment, abusive behavior, and consent violations. The producers are dedicated to furthering freedom of expression in tandem with personal accountability, while striving to eliminate abusive behaviors. Twisted Windows expects high standards of behavior and education and will make every effort to insure that all staff, performers, and attendees act responsibly and with sensitivity.
Staff, performers, and attendees are expected to be accountable for the consequences of their actions and to consider the well-being of themselves, others and Twisted Windows. Conduct which undermines this code, or is exploitative of others, may be cause for removal from the event and/or banning from future events.
The following actions may be cause for removal from an event and/or banning:
- Consent Violations: Examples include but are not limited to: failure to honor and use safewords, failure to honor stated limits and/or boundaries, violations of personal space and/or boundaries, violations of the Twisted Windows photography policy.
- Abusive Behavior/Harassment: Examples include but are not limited to: bullying, coercion, unwanted sexual advances, intimidation, non-consensual physical abuse, and defamation.
Violations of this Code of Conduct
Twisted Windows producers take reports very seriously. If at an event you are being harassed, have your consent violated, or even just see an attendee, presenter, or staff member making others uncomfortable, please report this to the hosts as soon as possible. Hosts are circulating around the event wearing glowing blue arm bands. We encourage you to report any code of conduct violations at the event, as soon as possible and as you feel safe to do so. We recognize that sometimes reports cannot be made immediately. To make a report after an event, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- If a violation of this code of conduct is witnessed or disclosed during an event, the hosts are empowered to resolve the matter according to their own judgment in the moment, including ejection from the event. Any such cases will also be reported to the producers for further discussion/management.
- Issues submitted via email will be reviewed by the Twisted Windows producers, and those making reports will be kept up to date about all decisions made. All reports are taken very seriously and are kept confidential. Reports are considered at the least as a set of data points, useful in seeking patterns of behavior surrounding an individual.
- Action taken can range from a warning and educational suggestions, to removal from a single event, to banning from all Twisted Windows events. Action taken will vary based on the nature of the report, the wishes of the person making the report, any patterns the producers may identify, and other mediating factors.
By attending a Twisted Windows event you affirm that you will be honest and respectful in all your interactions and will be accountable for your actions and behavior.
*Modified from the Queer Sphere Code of Conduct, with thanks.